SAFE Annual Conference 21st March 2017 - EU Food Safety Regulation: Putting Consumers First
EU FOOD SAFETY REGULATION: PUTTING CONSUMERS FIRST
An overview of current issues and how to increase consumers protection
Tuesday 21st March 2017
Mundo B Conference room / Rue dEdimbourg, 26 / 1050 Brussels, Belgium
PLEASE REGISTER HERE
The panel brings together prestigious speakers from the European Commission, civil society organisations and other stakeholders to discuss consumers protection in EU food law.
We are honored to have Health Commissioner Andriukaitis as a speaker at SAFE Annual Conference. His presentation will be about Ensuring safe and healthy food for all consumers, followed by a questions and answers session.
We are delighted to bring together during this event the following speakers and their presentations:
- Alexandra Nikolakopoulou, European Commissions Head of Unit E1: EU food policy: public health beyond the internal market;
- Frans Verstraete, Directorate General for Health and Food Safety Unit E2, European Commission: EU policy on acrylamide in food reducing human exposure to ensure a high level of human health protection;
- Camille Perrin, Senior Food Policy Officer, BEUC: Closing some gaps in EU food safety laws: trans fats, acrylamide and nanomaterials;
- Vito Buonsante, Law & Policy Advisor, Chemicals & Biodiversity, Client Earth: Endocrine disruptors and the safety of food chains;
- Nusa Urbancic, Campaigns Director, Changing Markets: Acrylamide regulations: passing the hot potato?.
SAFE Annual Conference will also be the opportunity to participate in a workshop joining all stakeholders to find solutions for some of EFSAs challenges. The working session will be facilitated through the methods of DesignThinkersAcademy. You can learn more about the workshop and methodology under this video.
Please find enclosed the agenda for the conference and more information concerning the event.
We very much hope that you will be able to attend to our annual event. To participate we kindly invite you to register your attendance HERE.
Mardi 21 mars 2017 - 09h00 / 17h30