IDDC Administration and Finance Officer (part-time, maternity cover)
The International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC) is a global consortium of 31 organisations supporting disability and development work in more than 100 countries around the world. IDDC and its members aim to promote inclusive development. Inclusive development means respecting the full human rights of every person, acknowledging diversity, eradicating poverty and ensuring that all people are fully included and can actively participate in development processes and activities regardless of age, gender, disability, state of health, ethnic origin or any other characteristic. For more info, visit the IDDC website, www.iddcconsortium.net
Purpose of the job: The IDDC Administration and Finance Officer provides administrative and financial support for the IDDC Secretariat.
Location: IDDC Secretariat in Brussels (Belgium)
Employment dates: Mid-September 2017 End February 2018 (maternity cover, part-time 19 hours per week)
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Administering finances, and supporting the IDDC Treasurer and external accountant with bookkeeping
· Maintaining the IDDC filing system and databases
· Updating administrative guidelines
· Dealing with routine correspondence and telephone queries
Facilitation of meetings and events
· Providing logistics support for meetings and events, including the IDDC General Assembly
· Preparing and taking the minutes of IDDC meetings when requested
Besides the responsibilities mentioned above, the Administrative and Finance Officer undertakes tasks as requested by the IDDC Coordinator.
Profile and requirements:
· Fluent English, good knowledge of Dutch and/or French
· IT skills: excellent knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
· Good attention to detail in all aspects of work
· Self-motivation and self-organisation; ability to prioritise
· Ability to work alone and as part of a small and busy team; pro-active attitude
· Highly skilled in administration
· Numerate, with basic bookkeeping/accounting skills an advantage
· Commitment to IDDC Values and Principles
· Interest in and commitment to disability and development cooperation
· Experience of working in an international non-governmental organisation/network
· Knowledge of accessibility and inclusion
· Administrative/Financial experience with EC funded projects
How to apply
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) including your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference IDDC Administrative and Finance Officer in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 17 August 2017
Interview date in Brussels: Beginning of September 2017
IDDC operates an equal opportunities recruitment process. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Please note, only candidates in possession of a valid work permit will be considered.
We regret that we will only be able to send a reply to candidates who have been short-listed for the interviews. We thank you for your understanding.
Vendredi 07 juillet 2017 - 12h00 / Jeudi 17 aout 2017 - 12h00