Call for applications: Communication trainee
with the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
Earliest starting date: Monday, 30 August 2021
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is a unique multi-layered regional civil society platform aimed at promoting European integration, facilitating reforms and democratic transformations in the six Eastern Partnership countries - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. Serving as the civil society and people-to-people dimension of the Eastern Partnership, the EaP CSF strives to strengthen civil society in the region, boost pluralism in public discourse and policy making by promoting participatory democracy and fundamental freedoms. EaP CSF is a non-profit, non-government, non-partisan civil society organization with its headquarters in Brussels.
We are looking for a trainee to start at the earliest on Monday, 30 August 2021 and work in the team of the EaP CSF Secretariat for 6 months to support the work of the Communications Manager.
The Secretariat of EaP CSF serves as an information, coordination and expertise hub for the participants of the Forum, the bodies of the Forum, and stakeholders in Brussels and Eastern Partnership countries. It works to support the activities of the Steering Committee and enhance the advocacy and visibility of the Forum.
· Assist in implementation of communication action plans for EaP CSF campaigns and activities;
· Assist on visual design;
· Manage social media networks of the Forum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn);
· Monitor (EU+EaP) media and manage statistics;
· Draft and edit articles for the web-page, reports, minutes etc. for broader audience;
· Assist with newsletter;
· Technical web-page management;
· Contribute to meetings, reports, and communication strategies;
· Manage database and mailing lists.
Requested Profile & Skills
· Recent graduate or in final stages of their studies in Communication Science, Public Relations, Journalism, Political or International sciences or other related fields;
· Valid workpermit for Belgium;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Hands-on and analytical, organized, detail-oriented and accurate;
· Proven experience with WordPress;
· Familiar, or willing to get familiar, with collecting and analysing social media and website statistics;
· Experience in creating written and visual content is an advantage;
· Knowledge of Canva or another graphic design tool is an advantage;
· Knowledge and understanding of the workings of the EU and its policies. A good understanding of EaP region is an asset;
· Perfect command of English with proven drafting ability. A good knowledge of Russian is an asset;
· Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office;
What we offer:
· Remuneration according to a CIP (professional immersion contract), which will provide the successful candidate with an income of 812,90 EUR per month (plus a home-working allowance of 98,95 EUR per month during the official lockdown period in Belgium);
· Working experience in Brussels in a young and dynamic team;
· Access to European and EaP networks;
· Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills.
Interested candidates should submit in ONE PDF file:
· - CV in English (max. 2 pages) titled CV_First name Last name
· - Motivation letter in English (max. 1 page and a half) titled Motivation letter_ First name Last name
- Candidates are also encouraged to submit a track record of relevant working experience (i.e. report including samples of data analysis and data visualisation examples or webpage/blog management etc.) and/or recommendation letters from former employers.
The application should be sent to Laura Ponikelska (email@example.com) with the reference: Communications traineeship by latest 8 August 2021 23:59 CET. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates selected for the interview will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Candidates must have a valid work permit in Belgium for the full duration of the traineeship (unfortunately, no assistance can be provided to those who need to obtain their visas or Work Permits in Belgium).
For further questions, please contact Laura Ponikelska (firstname.lastname@example.org), Communications Manager of EaP CSF.
More details about EaP CSF: https://eap-csf.eu/
More information about the position: https://eap-csf.eu/work-with-us/communications-traineeship-september-2021/