Call for an Operations Officer
Call for an Operations Officer
Deadline for application:
Tuesday 3 December (23h59 CET)
The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent over 100 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe.
The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europes challenges.
The Youth Forum continues our advocacy work to become an agenda-setter on youth affairs, empower member organisations to maximise the impact of their expertise and enforce a rights based approach in all that we do.
The European Youth Forum is recruiting an Operations Officer who will be responsible for the operational aspects of the organisation. The person will be under the direct supervision of the Operations and Finance Director.
● Responsible for office management (such as: order office supplies, office mail, ensure good functioning of printers, ensure a good working environment)
● Ensure compliance of service agreement with Belgian Legislation and auditors requirements.
● Be responsible of the Prevention and protection at work.
● Encode and ensure the filing of the reimbursement forms.
● Support the ICT aspects of the organisation (such as maintaining an IT inventory and IT supplies).
● Support in the payroll and HR administrative tasks.
● Ensure adherence to the Youth Forums Internal Guidelines and procedures.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
▪ At least 1 year of professional experience in a similar position.
▪ A polyvalent, adaptable person and eager to learn.
▪ Outstanding attention to details.
▪ Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed.
▪ Diplomatic when liaising with staff & Board members as well as suppliers.
▪ Fluent in French and working knowledge of English is essential.
▪ Dynamic, persistent and service oriented.
▪ Computer literacy: good working knowledge of G-suite and Mac operating system or willing to learn.
▪ Knowledge in Winbooks or another accounting software, or willing to learn.
● Sociable, service oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment;
● Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Ability to work under pressure, manage a challenging workload and tight deadlines.
● Ability to multi-task and coordinate several activities simultaneously.
● Excellent time-management and organisation skills.
● Excellent written - verbal and good digital communication skills.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
The contract is an open-ended contract and full time (35 hours per week). The gross monthly salary according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum is €2,289.
A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Candidates for this position should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including if required occasional weekends. This position being based in Brussels candidates should be willing to relocate or live in the surrounding area.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the European Youth Forum online recruitment system: http://recruitment.youthforum.org
How to apply with the online application system?
1. Create a user account: click on "Registration" and fill in your personal details.
2. Go to the "private area and login with your username and password.
3. Click on the vacancy and apply.
4. Respond to our application questions and upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be in December and the successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. All candidates are kindly requested to refrain from any phone inquiries .
All appointments should be made in a transparent way and comply with all relevant employment regulations. No job applicant or employee should receive less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, gender identity, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
All applicants, whether EU or non-EU citizens, are considered equally. the Youth Forum welcomes all nationalities and will take any work permit request at its charge.
Any relevant volunteering experience is considered equal to any other professional experience.
Conflict of interest
All applicants should be informed and should inform the Youth Forum of any possible conflict of interest. Selected candidates should be aware that working and/or volunteering for a Member Organisation of the European Youth Forum, institutions, political parties or other representative civil society organisations at the European level might not be compatible with working at the Youth Forum.