Paid Career Opportunity: Communications Internship at Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
Call for Applications for Communications Internship within Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
Starting date: 16 September 2019
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is a unique multi-layered regional civil society platform aimed at promoting European integration, facilitating reforms and democratic transformations in the six Eastern Partnership countries - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. Serving as the civil society and people-to-people dimension of the Eastern Partnership, the EaP CSF strives to strengthen civil society in the region, boost pluralism in public discourse and policy making by promoting participatory democracy and fundamental freedoms. EaP CSF is a non-profit, non-government, non-partisan civil society organisation with its headquarters in Brussels.
We are looking for a paid Communications intern to start from mid-September and to work in the team of Secretariat of the EaP CSF for 6 months.
The Secretariat of EaP CSF serves as an information, coordination and expertise hub for the participants of the Forum, the bodies of the Forum, and stakeholders in Brussels and Eastern Partnership countries. It works to support the activities of the Steering Committee and enhance the advocacy and visibility of the Forum.
- Assist in the development of Communication Action Plans for EaP CSF campaigns and activities
- Manage Social Media networks of the Forum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Monitor (EU and EaP) media and manage statistics
- Draft and edit articles for the web-page, reports, minutes etc. for broader audience
- Technical web-page management
- Contribute to meetings, reports and communication strategies
- Assisting on visual design
- Manage database and mailing lists
Requested Profile & Skills
- Recent graduate, or in final stages of their studies, in European Studies, International Relations, Public Relations, Communication Science or other related field
- Work permit in Belgium
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Hands-on and analytical, organised and accurate
- Proven experience with Wordpress
- Ability to transfer website traffic into visual statistics
- Proven experience of (at least) one data visualisation project
- Knowledge and understanding of the workings of the EU and its policies. A good understanding of EaP region is a strong asset
- Perfect command of English with proven drafting ability. A good knowledge of Russian
is an asset
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office
What we offer:
- Remuneration according to a professional immersion contract, which will provide the
successful candidate with an income of 800 euros per month
- Reimbursement of public transportation in Brussels
- Working experience in Brussels in a young and dynamic team
- Access to European and EaP networks
- Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills
Interested candidates should submit in ONE PDF file:
- CV in English (max. 2 pages)
- Motivation letter in English (max. 1 page and a half)
- Track record of relevant working experience (i.e. report including samples of data analysis and data visualisation examples or web-page/blog management etc.) and/or
recommendation letters from former employers
The application should be sent to Juulia Baer-Bader (email@example.com) with the reference: Communications internship by 5 July 2019.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted in Brussels or via Skype.
For further questions, please contact Juulia Baer-Bader (firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 2 893 2585), Communications Manager of EaP CSF.
More details about EaP CSF: https://eap-csf.eu/