Call for Applications: Administrative and Advocacy Trainee
Administrative and Advocacy Traineeship
with the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum Secretariat
STARTING DATE: Monday, 30 August 2021
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is a unique multi-layered regional civil society platform aimed at promoting European integration, facilitating reforms and democratic transformations in the six Eastern Partnership countries - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. Serving as the civil society and people-to-people dimension of the Eastern Partnership, the EaP CSF strives to strengthen civil society in the region, boost pluralism in public discourse and policy making by promoting participatory democracy and fundamental freedoms. EaP CSF is a non-profit, non-government, non-partisan civil society organization with its headquarters in Brussels.
We are looking for a trainee to start on Monday, 30 August 2021 and work in the team of the EaP CSF Secretariat for 6 months to support the work of the EaP Advocacy Manager and the Administrative and Statutory Affairs Manager.
The Secretariat of EaP CSF serves as an information, coordination and expertise hub for the participants of the Forum, the bodies of the Forum, and stakeholders in Brussels and Eastern Partnership countries. It works to support the activities of the Steering Committee and enhance the advocacy and visibility of the Forum.
Description of the role
The selected trainee will provide support to the EaP CSF Secretariat team on administrative and event management tasks, and will assist in the development and implementation of policy and advocacy priorities of the Forum.
Profile of the candidate
· Has a good understanding of the workings of the EU, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society involvement in the Eastern Partnership;
· Is a recent graduate in European Studies, International Relations, Political Science, or other related field;
· Has an advanced command of English and Russian, with proven drafting ability; any other language from the EaP region is an advantage;
· Has a good level of proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point and is keen to explore other digital tools and software;
· Is flexible to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small team;
· Has the capacity to work independently;
· Is able to meet deadline while maintaining attention to details;
· Is available to start his/ her traineeship at the end of August (30 August 2021)
· Is available to work from home and from the Brussels-based office of EaP CSF;
· Has a valid work permit that allows him/ her to work in Belgium.
· Assisting and supporting the team with the organisation of online events (i.e. drafting invitations, preparing briefing/ technical notes, assisting with registration and post-event surveys, etc.)
· Drafting policy papers and briefing documents, advocacy letters to support EaP CSFs advocacy priorities;
· Conducting desk-based research on topics of interest for the Forum;
· Drafting e-mails and reports;
· Liaising with members and delegates of the Forum;
· Liaising with Belgian authorities, EaP countries Embassies in Brussels, EU institutions and agencies;
· Assisting with internal statutory matters;
· Engaging in various other tasks across the organisation and supporting the team as required.
What we offer:
· Insight in the works of a civil society platform organisation;
· Skills enhancement and career mentorship;
· Working experience in Brussels in a young and dynamic team (depending on ongoing COVID-19 measures in Belgium);
· Access to European and EaP networks;
· Possibility to attend trainings, conferences, networking events (upon availability);
· Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills;
· Remuneration according to a CIP (professional immersion contract), which will provide the successful candidate with a traineeship allowance of 800 EUR/ per month.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents in PDF:
- CV in English (max. 2 pages) titled CV_First name Last name
- Motivation letter in English (max. 1 page) titled Motivation letter_First name Last name
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: EaP CSF Admin & Advocacy traineeship by Monday, July 5 15h00 CET. The applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Pre-selected candidates will be invited to perform a 1-hour written test that will assess their understanding of the EaP policy, their drafting and Excel skills. Interviews will be conducted online, via Zoom or Google Meet.
Candidates must have a valid work permit in Belgium (unfortunately, no assistance can be provided to those who need to obtain their visas or Work Permits in Belgium).
T. 02 893 25 85